Monday, December 10, 2007

Once Upon a Time - Il était une fois

Once Upon a Time, or Il était une fois, is an old TV series which I used to watch as a kid. It's an animated history series, starting from the creation of planet earth, and ending in the future. It was educational, but presented in a way that kids liked, with a little bit of humor, and reoccurring characters throughout the history. There were villains, and there were heroes.

My 5.5 years old kid just got the first season DVD as a present. I was happy about it, after all, it will teach him some history. Well, I didn't remember it, but it contains some gruesome details! In the first and second episodes you see man hunting animals, carrying the limbs of a dead elephant, or the head of a rhinoceros! You see them cutting meat off of dead animals in a very graphic way, and you see people dying.

My kid was a bit troubled by those sights, but slept well at night.

It's strange how we remember an old TV show as one thing, but when we see it many years later, we look at it in a different way. Anyway, I still think it's a nice show, but my kid will watch it with adult supervision...

No comments: