Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lost season 3 - final episode

Today I've completed a long way. Together with a relative, we've finished watching the 3 seasons. For him it was the first time, mine was the second. We were in a race against time to complete this before season 4 in Feb 2008. We've finished it early, and the new season won't start on time...

But what an episode! First of all, the flash-forward. When I first watched this episode, I assumed it was a flash-forward, but the reference to Jack's father confused me. Seeing it again, when I know it's a flash-forward, was a pleasant experience.

Second, the acting was great, and the story was right on the spot. So we end the season knowing that they are going to be saved, but for some it's not going to be what they wished for (Jack). Charlie is sacrificed (a lead character needed to be killed). Tom is brutally killed by Sawyer (he was a nice guy.Why Sawyer? Why?). Michael Emerson is just great playing Ben. He should get the next Emmy for the best supporting actor (Hey Alex, meet your mom!). Oh, and how many lives does Mikhail actually have?

So now what? I'll re-live season 3 with this new book that I got, and hope that the writers get what they deserve quickly enough, so that we won't have to wait too long for season 4.

No comments: