Friday, September 5, 2008

Google Chrome

I really wanted to try it. I love Google products. Unfortunately I get this nice error:

ChromeError

The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click OK to terminate the application.

The first result I get searching Google suggest that the problem is with a Symantec application, and other results suggest that as well. Unfortunately I don't have that (or any other) Symantec application, so that's not the case. The workaround that is suggested (try running Google Chrome with –no-sandbox) works, but why would I want to run it without the sandbox mode (same question here)?

Update 1: Found the problem! It was an incompatibility with Zone Alarm ForceField, although it wasn't running at the time. Since I don't use it anyway (slows down the system), I uninstalled it.

No comments: