Thursday, June 11, 2009

No Images in Gmail in IE8

I’ve been facing an annoying situation for quite some time. When checking Gmail on Internet Explorer 8 and clicking an email with images, I get this warning message:

Security Warning 11062009 214359

As a positive person I automatically click on Yes, and when I try to display the images, they are not shown. So finally I’ve had some time to check this out, and it appears that it may be worth the while to actually read the message rather than automatically click on Yes.

I’m using an HTTPS connection to Gmail. This message actually says that the webpage has content that isn’t available via HTTPS (the linked images), and if you click Yes, that content won’t be delivered.

So if you want to see these images, better click on No.

Thanks for HTTPWatch.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! Google Help was worthless to explain this "issue".

Ralf said...

Thanks for posting that!

Kevin Higgs said...

Thanks for that. Also If you have a popup blocker on it stops the gmail images from appearing.

mommyofangels said...

Thank you so much for this information.. I was wondering why my images weren't loading.. then I remembered I upgraded to IE8...

Web Designer said...

Thanks u save my lot's of time

Sr. Kerstin-Marie said...

Thanks a lot, that's really tricky!